Headlines News :

News x 3

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 | 6/01/2005 11:51:00 am

Share this article :
Lots of news. Lots. Too much really because I really should be posting to this more... especially since so many great things have happened lately.

First (but not foremost) Pearl Jam.

If you didn't know, they're doing a all Canadian tour. First time ever... but that's even not the best part. Included in this tour is Newfoundland. Newfoundland! I can't believe it. Nobody here can believe it. It's something you just everyone just assumed would never happen. Who would have guessed?

Anyway, to get tickets, my ladyfriend and I camped out. Her, longer than I. She was there for 28 hrs and I was there for 15... only because I had to work, though I do think she was there a little early. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.

The night before the show was horrible. It was pouring all night, so much that a tent city formed. It was a great way to meet people though as we all had to band together and use are tarps to the greatest extent. Here's a look at what I mean... but in this pic it was still sunny. The tent city right now ain't nothin' compared to what it became when somebody upstairs decided to take a continual leak on us.

So, I got PJ tickets regardless. I'm a very very happy man. I still can barely contain myself and I'm not sure how I'm going to wait until September.

Next, A Still Small Voice

This is my first real movie and I'm very thankful for the fact that I was chosen for the lead role; A very great role in a very brilliant script. The film was shot last fall/winter and I've been patiently waiting for the post production process to end. That end has come.. but I've still not seen the finished product. I expect that to come in the next week or so.

That's the not best part; the film was recently accepted to the Nickel Film Festival. This is Newfoundland's independent film festival. I'm very excited that friends and family are going to get to see this in a theatre.

It's going to be a very exciting week. July 5th to the 9th. Only a month to go.

Also, to note; they tell me that has been sent to the Atlantic Film Festival as well and I'm sure there will be several more. The film deserves the exposure because it's truly a wonderful story.

Last, Scratch Patches

My new cat, an unexpected addition to our every growing family at 219a. If you're wondering, her name comes from a combination of her previous owners name and our new addition. Patches was there from the start but we felt that was a little overused or something... plus we wanted to give her our special touch, ya know? We were thinking Kit Fistu, Halloweenie, Wagner... but leaned towards something devil-y in the end. Scratch. Perfect!

She comes from a home that could not keep her anymore. A sad tale really which begins at my new job, which I only started last week. During one of the breaks, it was announced that a co-workers new cat needed a home. It turns out their child has an severe allergy and of course, he comes first. They wanted a good home for it and we've been wanting to get a cat forever.

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template