Headlines News :
Home » , » One Week Later

One Week Later

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Saturday, July 16, 2005 | 7/16/2005 10:22:00 am

Share this article :
So, it's been a week since I last posted. I'm not exactly sure why but it may have a lot to do with being busy... or it could be just that I couldn't be bothered. I've been in a little bit of a funk as of late. I hate the job I currently work in and I see no change in my immediate future... which is severely depressing me. One should not have to go through life feeling the way I do; to get up every day and rather stuff your head in a toilet bowl full of shit than go to work. I despise what I do for a living and hate myself for doing it. I really do...
I think the majority of the funk comes from the fact that I spent two weeks in an environment that I love. First it was was the extra gig on "Above and Beyond" and then a full week of Film Festival goodness. If only there was more...
The festival was a little anti-climatic though. The week went by very quickly and when the end came the organizers rushed through the the closing. I guess they really wanted to get to the closing party... or something.
I was a little disappointed in the number of awards that were handed out; only 6.
And The Winner's Are...
Best NL Doc - My Ancestors Were Rogues & Murderers, Anne Troake,
NLBest NL Drama/Comedy - A Foot of Rope, Christian Sparkes, NL
Best International Documentary - Parallel Lines, Nina Davenport, US
Best International Drama/Comedy - The Listener, Michael Chang, Ireland
Audience Choice Award - A Foot of Rope, Christian Sparkes, NL
Special Jury Prize - Pleasant Street, Gerry Rogers, NL
 I don't know about anyone else but I felt there wasn't enough recognition giving to those who put so much hard work into their films. Shouldn't these things give awards for acting, writing, cinematography, sound design and anything else in the industry. Films take a lot of work and a lot of people to make and not recognizing that is a shame... especially considering that in previous years they gave many more awards. It's a little disappointing...
... and NO, I'm not bitter that our film did not win any awards. It would have been nice but that's now what these things are about. We had fun, the film was loved by many and I'm happy about that. Real happy. This is me by the big painted sign outside the hall...


0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template