Headlines News :
Home » , » Pearl Jam Updates

Pearl Jam Updates

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Monday, March 20, 2006 | 3/20/2006 08:08:00 am

Share this article :
I can't keep up with the PJ news, mainly because I'm so busy with work these day. I can't find the time to get this post completed. It's been a draft for a week or more and there's still news is coming out daily. Since World Wide Suicide was released the first leg of the tour has been announced, the band has set up on myspace, the album cover was posted online (though isn't there anymore) and even an article on Billboard ('PEARL JAM SCORES HIGHEST MODERN ROCK DEBUT EVER') about the new song which is kickin' some serious ass.

So, let's get rollin'... or better yet, rockin'.

This image was the cover art for the album, when I started this blog post but, for some reason it has been taken offline. I'm not sure if it was a mistake that it was posted or what but, it's not there anymore. Those who got a chance to see it will agree that it's quite pretty. It was simply beautiful blue cover with a picture of some kind of fruit spit in half. What it means, I have no freakin' idea.

It does make me wonder what the complete sound of the album is going to be. 'World Wide Suicide' is pretty freakin' amazing. I've listened to it a million times. In fact, I'm listening to it now on their myspace page. This listen is it's 42 808th listen since it's been there... less than a week. Crazy...

... a couple of days later and I'm getting back to this post. An update on the myspace number is 53166. Wow!

Back to the image; It'll probably update as the site updates it so, at some point if you're visiting here, it may have the album cover back but, for now, it's about the pre-ordering of the CD. For those who don't know, if you pre-order the CD now from the website you get free bonus disc of the classic 1992 New Year's Eve Pearl Jam show from The Academy Theatre in NYC. Not only that, you'll be able to d/l the new album at 12:01am on release day meaning there is little to no wait to hear your album. Great stuff eh?

So, what else? Oh yes, the tour. I'd die to be there. It starts in Toronto, which of course would be the show I'd go see if I could afford it. There's a lot of lucky bastards who get to see these guys soon and it's sad that I can't be one of them. I am going to try and save some money and get to one of the shows on this tour. Not necessarily this leg, but at some point. I'm thinking that I'd like to travel to one of the shows in the States to see them. To me, it's a great excuse to visit the country below ours for the first time. The problem is, I suck at saving money and will probably not make any of the shows... unless of course they take a trip back this way. I doubt they ever will return to Newfoundland and Labrador but, one can always hope right?

Okay, so that's about it for now. I'm sure there's things I missed along the way but, I want to get this post over with and up so I stop thinking about it. The only thing left to add is 'Come on May 2nd'!

Tag-a-roo!
, , ,

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template