Headlines News :
Home » » Connection Dropout

Connection Dropout

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 | 11/05/2008 07:46:00 pm

Share this article :
You don't known how much you depend on the internet until you are without it. I lost my connection at home on Sunday and I gotta say, it was a tough time (in fact, it IS a tough time. I'm writing this in my hiatus from a connection) dealing without it. What's truly shitty about the whole situation is that it came just as I was getting back into this blogging thing. I'm missing the posting (though, now that I'm doing it; I've realized that you don't really need a connection to 'post') and I miss the surfing and I miss the reading and I miss the 'dropping'.

And that's only the blogging world. The connection dropout also came on the day that I, as the Commish of the WTHL (a personal local fantasy hockey league), was set to give some awards based on the past weeks top performers. I'm not even sure if the other GM's know what happened yet.

I'll let em sweat a little.

In the meantime, I had (have) to wait until Wednesday after 5pm to get the darn thing back. It's tough waiting when your so used to using. Then again, maybe this lack of connection is a good thing. It's helped me realize how much net behavior I'm accustomed to. Perhaps too much. Who knows?

Something good did come out the situation, which I almost forgot. I've been wanting to format this PC for several months now and I took advantage of the down time to tackle that task. With the net readily available I was always head on into something else that just neglected it; Suffered through it really. I mean, it's only so long that you can take a sluggish computer when you got lots to do. Either way, I'm grinnin' ear to ear now that it's done. The results are lovely! Now this baby is swifty and clean; Good times!

So, needless to say, I'm back. I actually have my next post nearly prepared as well. During my minds time away from active net activity, I got to thinking about Ghost Rider. It's been a long time since I done that, which in many ways is odd... But anyway, I'll get to that. For now, I gotta get to the mountains of email.

Yay.

Tags:
,

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template