Headlines News :
Home » , , » Gimme a TEN!

Gimme a TEN!

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Sunday, March 29, 2009 | 3/29/2009 03:02:00 pm

Share this article :

It's crazy how time flies. I just noticed the very last post that I made before my recent return and it happens to be the very thing I want to post about today. I can't believe that was over 3 months ago. I remember hearing the news that Pearl Jam were about to re-release 'Ten' and, being the huge PJ nut that I am, I nearly leaped out the window in joy (not that I'm sure how that is in any way joyous... but you know what I mean).

While it seems like only yesterday, this wonderful surprise in news was months ago and now, months later, Pearl Jam's TEN Resissue is in stores waiting to be bought. I myself haven't had the opportunity to pick it up yet, but I do know that you can buy it in 4 different versions.

I discovered this via their Myspace Blog:
1. Legacy Edition (2-disc set in mini-LP style slipcase):
* Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
* Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: "Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat"
* Re-designed packaging

2. Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD specially designed hardbound package):
* Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
* Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: "Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat"
* DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix

3. Vinyl Collection (2-LP set)
* LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
* LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien

4. Super Deluxe Edition (2-disc set plus DVD, 4 LPs and replica cassette in linen-covered, slip-cased clamshell box):
* Disc 1: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered (original mix)
* Disc 2: original Ten tracklisting digitally remastered and remixed by Brendan O’Brien, plus six bonus tracks: "Brother," "Just a Girl," "State of Love and Trust," "Breath and a Scream," "2,000 Mile Blues" and "Evil Little Goat"
* DVD of Pearl Jam’s previously unreleased 1992 MTV Unplugged performance including never before seen bonus performance of "Oceans" with 5.1 surround sound audio remix
* LP 1: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl
* LP 2: original Ten tracklisting remastered for vinyl and remixed by Brendan O’Brien
* LP 3 & 4: Drop in the Park – Live at Magnuson Park in Seattle on September 20, 1992 (audio mixed by Brendan O’Brien)
* Cassette: replica of original "Momma-Son" Pearl Jam demo cassette featuring "Alive," "Once" and "Footsteps"
* Package also includes an Eddie Vedder-style composition notebook filled with replica personal notes, images and mementos from the collections of Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, a vellum envelope with replicated era-specific ephemera from Pearl Jam’s early work and a two-sided print commemorating the Drop in the Park concert.
Now that is fantastic! My only problem now is which one do I get? Having the LP's would be awesome and I definitely want the replica cassette... Ahhh, the choices...

... Ah, who am I kidding knowing me, I'll buy em all! In the meantime, I'm gonna go play the Pearl Jam Ten game and listen to some of the tunes again.

Technorati Tags:
,

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template