Headlines News :
Home » , » Eli's BloggerVerse

Eli's BloggerVerse

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Monday, April 20, 2009 | 4/20/2009 07:10:00 pm

Share this article :
I'm not sure why I haven't added 'Blogging' as a sidebar obsession yet. With the amount of time that I (sporadically) devote to it and the number of total posts in this blog on said subject, it definitely should be a focal point of my topical browse. I guess it all comes down to a matter of time. I'll get to it when I get to it is the obvious attitude to take, but I do know that now that it's in my mind, it'll be sooner rather than later that it'll be done. My compulsive behavior wont allow it sit for long. Having said that, with the number of outlets I have to satisfy this particular obsession, this item may very well be forgotten. That's the problem I find myself in sometimes; not being able to keep up with the BloggerVerse that I've created for myself... or maybe I just spread myself far to far.

To give any readers out there an idea of what I'm talking about, I figure I'll take the time to outline my mini network of Blogs I've created and maintained:


Beyond this blog of my obsessions, the one I spent the 2nd most amount of time working on at the moment is the Newfoundland and Labrador BlogRoll. This little hub for a collection of blogs from the greatest place on earth was started over 3 years ago. Since then it's seen hundreds of blogs come and go. Using ever popular (sometimes shaky) BlogRolling software, this Roll currently features over 150 spaces from Bloggers both living in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador or from there, but now living away. I'm very proud of this collection and the time I spent on it. I love that no matter where I am or where anybody is, they can easily experience the culture from this province I love so dearly.



Some of you may be offended by that banner, some of you may not understand it and then there's others that may cheer. For me, that banner symbolizes a huge part of my life and it goes far beyond the blog I created on the topic. Back in 2006 when I first came across some information on 9/11 Truth, I started this space as a way to give more exposure to the information. It was during a time that I really didn't know what to do, having my entire universe shaken by the knowledge I recently gained (or awaken to). All I knew is that I had to talk about it and blogging was my best way at doing that. When I did a search for discussion on 9/11 in Canada, I literally found zero sites (including blogs) on the topic... and this with Canadians being some of the first to discuss it. I was appalled and my response was Canada Demands 9/11 Truth; a 3 blog network filled with tonnes of videos and information on 9/11 Truth in Canada and beyond. If you want to remove yourself from 'The Matrix', this is a great place to start.


Those are my main sites, ones that I still maintain frequently to some degree and the ones I've spent the most time working on. Both have gone through several variations over the years and both are equally important to me. There are others though:
  • The Awake : A band blog that I created and currently contribute to as often as I can
  • NL 9/11 Truth : A Truth chapter blog for Newfoundland and Labrador, which I don't currently update but plan to.
  • Anti-Entertainment : A blog for a local production company that I helped found, which I also don't update and also plan to.
  • NL Green Party Blog : My central election headquarters for my running as a Green Party Candidate in the 2006 Canadian Election. I no longer plan to update this one at all.
  • WTHL Blog : A information space for a fantasy hockey league that I've been the commissioner for over 4 years now. This blog is my newest and has a very targeted audience of course, so it will be of little interest to most.
So, as you can see, since I started blogging in the fall of2005, I've really spread myself all over the blogosphere. If only I had the time and willpower to keep them all a float. For now, I'm gonna go start making a new sidebar item for Blogging. That seems as good a place to start in keeping things clean as any.

Technorati Tags:
,,

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template