Headlines News :
Home » » Is BlogExplosion Re-Ignited?

Is BlogExplosion Re-Ignited?

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 | 4/07/2009 05:39:00 pm

Share this article :
Before sites like EntreCard and Adgitize came around, there was BlogExplosion; a handy little hangout that essentially became the primary thing that led to my discovery of what blogging was all about. I joined this community in January of 2006, about 7 months after starting this blog and I doubt I would have continued posting here if I didn't join there. I guess for me, and perhaps for many others, it wasn't until discovering other beautiful sites along an undetermined path, until waging war in a Battle of the Blogs, until Renting space on your blog for credit...

... Wait a sec here. When you think about it, BlogExplosion were kinda the pioneers of this new Social carding phenomenon that seems to have taken over right now. Their 'Rent My Blog' idea used a similar technique; daily ads (or weekly perhaps, I can't remember) promoting other blogs. Am I right? Unfortunately, the renting feature is not available currently. I can't even look into it further to remind myself what it was all about. It's been a while. It would be fun to have it around though. I remember it being a hoot...

... Anyway, yeah, so BlogExplosion opened me up, let's say. It's unfortunate that over the last year or so a lot of other people fell away from participating in anything. For a while there it seemed like a lot of folks had disappeared from the site totally and when surfing, you surfed the same few blogs over and over again. Worse, very few sites were joining the 'Battle of the Blogs' and, as I mentioned, the 'Rent my Blog' feature was down. Shitty deals all around.

Things ARE looking far better now though, with new activity starting to resurface. It's to a point at the moment that when surfing, you are again entering a whole new set of worlds with seemingly endless new blogs surfacing every day. Bloggers are again jumping into battle challenging other bloggers into a one on one duel in attempt to win credits (and bragging rights I suppose); credits which you can then use yourself in battle of your own. Who doesn't love that? Not me. When I get my ranking higher (I kinda suck right now) I'll perhaps proudly display it here. Well see what happens...

For now, I'm just hoping that now that the spark has been lit... it stays ignited.



Technorati Tags:
, , ,,

12 comments:

The Natural State Hawg said...

Well, I've been around BlogExplosion for a few days -- I've got to say I'm impressed. There are a lot of great blogs in the system, and finding them through BlogExplosion is simple compared to the obnoxious task of seeking them out through search engines and such.

The Natural State Hawg

Aldon Hynes said...

I joined BlogExplosion on October 9, 2004. I've joined other sites, like MyBlogLog, BlogCatalog, and then EntreCard, Adgitize and CMF Ads.

Over time, the percentage of time that I spend on these have fluctuated. I didn't do 'Rent my blog' or battle of the blogs.

However, recently, I've been visiting BlogExplosion a bit more and they continue to be an important source of traffic for me, as well as a great opportunity to see sites that I've come to enjoy over the years.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Glad to see you exploding your blog. It's a great little service and I hope they continue concentrating on getting it back to where it was.

wildcatsthree said...

I joined Blog Explosion last year but wasn't able to get any customer support when my 2nd blog wasn't showing approved - after several attempts I gave up, then found Entrecard. Just last week ironically I tried them again, and was able to get the 2nd blog approved easily. It looks like they're making a comeback all right and I'm glad to see it. It's great to have multiple sources of traffic.

Fisher said...

Thanks for the information. I will look into it. I wonder at what point one is "over-joining?"

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I use Blog Explosion some, but I'm currently happier with Traffic Exchange Business. They have new owners and don't have many members yet, but you get point quicker and don't have to stay on each page as long. Interesting to find your post because I was planning to post about BE later today. Maybe I'll link to your post. (That will be from justthrowmoney.blogspot.com)

http://www.traffic-exchange-business.com/verifyaccount.php?acs=751006064&uid=1667

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles WildCat, but I guess it was because the site either had nobody interested in keeping it active... or had nobody at all.

I thought the same thing Fisher at one point, but I guess you just do whatever you can muster. If you join something and never use it after so long, leave it and focus on the rest... I spose.

I'll check it out Shark...

editor said...

Nice Site,I am really impressed.I am still coming back.

editor said...

Nice Site,I am really impressed.I am still coming back.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thanks editor. Glad you're enjoyin' what you see. Come again now ya'here!

Shu Fen said...

hello! just started blogging for a few months here...

so out of all the free traffic sites...which do u recommend the most?

thanks!

Vicissitudes of Life

Stephen Eli Harris said...

That's a great question, but I'm not sure if I can recommend any to be the best. I think using a couple together is the best way to go. BlogExplosion and EntreCard go fairly well together as a majority of the blogs you are surfing on BE are members of EC as well. As you surf, drop. Basically, my advice is to not rely on just one.

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template