Headlines News :
Home » , » Pearl Jam to be on Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Pearl Jam to be on Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Monday, May 18, 2009 | 5/18/2009 05:22:00 pm

Share this article :
Just as I was in the middle of getting set up to post about Jeff Ament being beaten and robbed, I get a news alert about Pearl Jam playing on the inaugural show of The Tonight Show... with Conan O'Brien. So I figure that instead of spreading all the bad news about Jeff unfortanate and seriously dangerous incedent, I'll spread some cheer instead.

Jeff is fine by the way. He did suffer some damage in the attack which occured on April 22nd, but is okay now. You can witness, should you wish, the incedent here.

On to better news. Regarding The Tonight Show; if you didn't know, Conan will be replacing Leno in June and it is now announced that Pearl Jam will be the musical guest on his first day on the job on June 1st. Here's what it had to say on the Pearl Jam Myspace Blog:
PEARL JAM SCHEDULED AS MUSICAL GUEST FOR JUNE 1ST PREMIERE OF “THE TONIGHT SHOW" Pearl Jam is scheduled to appear as the inaugural musical guest for the June 1, 2009 premiere of “The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien.” The band will perform songs from their upcoming studio album.

Conan O'Brien, the dominant late-night host at 12:35 a.m. (ET) for the past 14 seasons, will succeed Jay Leno as host of the preeminent series on late-night television, NBC's "The Tonight Show," on June 1, 2009.

Please check local listings for air details.
I know I'll be tuning in. All it took was Pearl Jam to finally turn this show on... or maybe it's the fact that Jay Leno will no longer be there. Either way, I'll check it out.

Oh, and I hope they find those Fuc#ers that robbed Jeff!


, ,

2 comments:

Frye said...

That's very good news. I've been getting pumped up for the premier, I was always a big Conan fan and it'll be great to see him on the Tonight Show. Pearl Jam definitely sweetens the pot.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

I actually totally forgot about Conan taking the show over and certainly didn't know it was happening this soon. I'm lookin' forward to it myself as I've always liked Conan. Don't get to see him all that often, but he's great at what he does. I just hope Jay's audience can adjust to the humor.

And yes, PJ bein' on the first show is fantastic!!

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template