Headlines News :
Home » , , » Pearl Jam to Play in Canada

Pearl Jam to Play in Canada

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 | 5/06/2009 07:57:00 pm

Share this article :
No, this is not news that Pearl Jam will be making a massive tour across our great country like in 2005, but it is great news none the less. The band has annonced that they will be hitting Canadian soil again this year, albiet (as of now) for only one show.

That's right folks, those living in Toronto or surrounding areas will be treated with a visit from Pearl Jam on August 12th 2009. This is one of only two shows they'll be playing in North America after they return from Europe.

This is from Pearl Jam's Myspace Blog:
Two More Pearl Jam Tour Dates Added

We've got another Pearl Jam surprise for you ... Toronto and Chicago!! The band will wrap up their European run with two more shows on the North American continent:

Date - City - Venue

Aug 21 - Toronto, ONT - Molson Amphitheater
Aug 23 - Chicago, IL - United Center

Ten Club has tickets for both shows and a pre-sale will begin on May 4th. You must be an active member as of May 3, 2009 to qualify for the ticket pre-sale. Starting May 6th, any remaining tickets will become available to ALL active members regardless of membership sign up date. The ticket pre-sale will end on May 6th at 3pm Pacific Time.
Pretty exciting news eh? The only thing better than that news would be reading that they are stopping in St. John's, Newfoundland for a quick show before heading off to Toronto. I mean, they practically gotta fly right over the place on their way... and for all I know may even have to stop here for a refuel or something. I wonder if I started a petition or something would they come? Or maybe I'll just have to save up enough money and hitch hike to Toronto.

Either way, it's good to have in back in the Big Land!

,

8 comments:

Kate Burton said...

I saw them last year at Bonnaroo, I can't urge you strongly enough to go and see Pearl Jam if you have the chance!

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Yeah, they're pretty amazing. I caught the 2 shows they played here in Newfoundland back in 2005 and have been in a state of withdrawl ever since.

Here's hopin' they come back!!

Vinay Rai said...

PEARL JAM MAN, NO ONE IS BETTER.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

I couldn't have said it better myself Vinay.

Emm said...

Hmmm. I've never seen Pearl Jam - I did not know they were still touring.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Yup, they're still at it and I assume there'll be a major tour next year after their new album is released... which I think is this fall or winter sometime. Don't quote me on that though.

If you can get the chance to see them, I strongly suggest you do!

Emm said...

I must try go to more concerts - it is one of the reasons we moved to London after all!

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Well, if that's a defining reason to be where you are, you should definitely be doing more of it, I agree.

I'm not sure how close they'll be, but I do know that PJ will be touring Europe very soon. You should look into it.

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template