Headlines News :
Home » , , , » Stephen King’s DOLAN’S CADILLAC

Stephen King’s DOLAN’S CADILLAC

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Saturday, May 23, 2009 | 5/23/2009 02:46:00 pm

Share this article :
Here's another example of me being caught in another universe whilst things happen. I had no clue that this flick was being made and all of a sudden a trailer for it shows up. Of course, from what I'm reading, there hasn't been much discussion about the movie since it was first announced so maybe many didn't know it was coming and not just me.

I've actually been wanting to talk about this for a while now as it's been about a week that I first saw the trailer, but I just have not had time to post here. Such is life, but the main point here is that another one of Stephen Kings stories is being released as a movie. He has to hold some sort of record for that no? No other novel writer could possibly have had more movies made out of their creations than King. Don't quote me on that but, I have a strong feeling that it's true.

Anyway, the one thing that struck me most about the release of a 'Dolan's Cadillac' movie (a story I haven't had a chance to read yet by the way) is that Wes Bentley is staring in it. This is an actor whom I've admired since 'American Beauty' and actually had the extreme pleasure in meeting during my surprise 'Ghost Rider' trip. Having him in the film is a huge plus!

With that said, I have to agree with most of the others who posted about this trailer (Like CHUD, Dread Central and Geek Tyrant) that the movie looks pretty bad. One site even predicts that it'll go strait to DVD; something I may have to agree with.

Go ahead, check it out for yourself...



What did you think?

If you want more information, check out the Minds Eye Entertainment site.

In the end though, I know that no matter what anyone else says about this film I will eventually watch this film. The King fan in me would not allow me not to.


,

2 comments:

Frye said...

I'd have to agree, it will most definitely be a straight to DVDer. But like you said, being a King fan, I'll be watching it anyway. It's a good story, you should check it out. (It's in Nightmares and Dreamscapes.)

It's funny, nowhere in your post did you mention that Christian Slater was in it. He's the big "star". I read about him being in the film quite a while back. I also read rumors way back that it was going to star Kevin Bacon and Sylvester Stallone. I'm guessing Bacon would have played Dolan.

This is the first trailer I've seen. Thanks for posting.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

I actually have Nightmares and Dreamscapes on my book shelf but just have not had the time to read it yet. Going back to re-read the DT series pushed everything else to the back burner. It'll come though I'm sure.

As for Slater, I was going to mention him but in the end decided to focus on Wes instead. It is pretty awesome to see him return as he has always been a favorite of mine... until he completely disappeared that is. Good to see him back... and FAR better than seeing either Bacon or Stallone in the film.

Thanks again for stoppin' by. Glad to see other obsessed King fans out there!

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template