Headlines News :
Home » , , » 54 Reasons to Watch Preseason Hockey

54 Reasons to Watch Preseason Hockey

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 | 9/15/2009 05:49:00 pm

Share this article :
I'm speaking specifically of the Los Angeles Kings here when I talk of preseason hockey and I realize that returning readers (or any observant person) would assume as much, but I figured I'd clarify. 

Hockey has seemed to take over my mind as of late and perhaps is the obsession of the now.  It certainly seemed so as all I can do lately is read up on my beloved Kings (in between preparing for my Fantasy Hockey League).  Today's interest of note is the LA's first preseason game against the Phoenix Coyotes.  Of particular interest tonight (not that there's only one) is that Purcell seems to be getting some hype.  In a preview of the game tonight on the Kings Website, Teddy was talked about towards the end:

 54 REASONS TO WATCH TONIGHT
Well, just one reason, but he wears No. 54. This is the year for Teddy Purcell to show that he is ready for an entire season in the NHL and tonight is his first opportunity. At Hockey Fest ’09, Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi told fans that Purcell was talented and it was time to “step up.” Should Purcell prove his mettle in the preseason, it is likely that he will be on a line with Kings Captain Dustin Brown and Jarret Stoll. Brown will not be playing in tonight's game and Stoll is still out recovering from an arthritic condition. As a result, Purcell will play with Oscar Moller, who has seen time this training camp with Brown and Purcell and the young and talented Andrei Loktionov, a name Kings fans should get to know.
 It's highly unlikely that I'll get to see much of it, but I'm sure I'll be following along with fellow fans on LetsGoKings.com.   If you happen to be there as well (though the chances slim) say hi to KingNewfie!  That's me.

Technorati
, ,

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template