Headlines News :
Home » , , , » David Goyer's Ghost Rider

David Goyer's Ghost Rider

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Friday, September 25, 2009 | 9/25/2009 12:11:00 am

Share this article :
I've been dying to post something about Ghost Rider for a very long time now, but unfortunately except for a little comment from Nicolas Cage about a revamp of the franchise a few months back, there has been nothing.  Well, that is about to change.

Variety is reporting (according to an article posted on SuperHeroHype) that Ghost Rider 2 is going ahead and not only that but David Goyer (of recent Batman fame) is in talks with Columbia Pictures to work on it:
David Goyer is in early talks to create the story and supervise writers for a film expected to once again star Nicolas Cage.  The trade adds that plans are under way to base the sequel on a script written years ago by Goyer (The Dark Knight, "Blade" franchise"). The original Ghost Rider was written by director Mark Steven Johnson.
I'm not sure how I feel about a revamp of the character, which I'm sure they'll do, but I am very happy that the franchise didn't just die forever.  I have all the faith in the world in Goyer, but I do hope he seriously improves on his original script that he wrote before MSJ came along.  Of course, that was about a decade ago now and I'm sure he's learned a thing or two since then.  Either way, I'll be keeping a close eye on this story as it develops.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

2 comments:

Nomad said...

with goyer working on it it cant go wrong!!!

Stephen Eli Harris said...

WE can only hope... though I truly enjoyed the first one. NOT to say I will not be VERY excited to see what ol' David has in store for us.

I do hope he builds on his original script however... which no doubt he will. It was like 10 years ago he wrote it I'd say.

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template