Headlines News :
Home » , » Kings Lose First Game

Kings Lose First Game

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Sunday, October 04, 2009 | 10/04/2009 01:31:00 pm

Share this article :
With all the hype, the excitement and anticipation for the start of the 09-10 season of the NHL, my beloved Los Angeles Kings lose their home and season opener to the Phoenix Coyotes by a score of 6-3. Worse than that, the sellout crowd at the Staples Center booed the team off the ice at the end. Not a great start to the season and not by a long shot.

I'm not going to get into a recap or anything because that would only be focusing on negative things and I try not to do that (and you can read one here anyway). There's no need to mention how sloppy and out of sync the team looked. There's no need for me to repeat the fact that Drew Doughty made 2 incredibly bad defensive end turnovers which resulted in goals for the Yotes. There's also no need to mention that Jon Quick had more goals scored on him in this game than any game last season during his rookie campaign. Talking about all that will serve no purpose but to bum me out. Instead, let's focus on a couple positives:

First, the Kings power play looked very good tonight with them scoring all 3 of their goals with the man advantage. In fact, as I watched the game (0-1-0 with me watching), the one thing I noticed was that the only times during the game that the Kings actually looked in sync was during power play situations. That's one good thing to take out of this, right?

Secondly, the Kings did have 4 shots in this game which rang off the post behind Bryzgalov. What I take from this is that the team was only centimeters away from having a 7-6 win. Yes, I know I'm reaching here but it is fact that the goalie was beat 4 times without the team getting a lucky bounce. I'm sure the Yotes goalie was kissing those things after the game. I would have been.

Third, Phoenix seem to have the Kings figured out. They did lose to the team 4 out of 6 times last season and besides, with all the crap that has gone on with regards to that team over the summer, I don't mind the loss to them. They kinda deserve to win their opening game. I just wish they didn't start the season vs my favorite team, but such is life.

All in all, I'm not going to let myself get down over this loss. There are 81 games left and plenty of opportunity for the Kings to bounce back and get those needed wins. If anything, I think this was an important lesson for the young squad and I feel they'll come out very strong in game 2.

Let's see what happens...

Technorati
, ,

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template