Headlines News :
Home » , » Blogging in Newfoundland and Labrador

Blogging in Newfoundland and Labrador

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Monday, January 11, 2010 | 1/11/2010 08:04:00 pm

Share this article :
This past week has been wild; an unexpected ride that kind of just hit me in the face, out of nowhere.

It all started about 4 years ago this month in actual fact.  That's when I decided to create a BlogRoll.  It was mainly for personal use at first.  I just wanted connection with fellow bloggers in Newfoundland.  It eventually turned into a community and most recently a very active one.

With the start up of a brand new intiative on the ol' Newfoundland and Labrador BlogRoll, I noticed an abnormal amount of an increase in traffic.  It seemed that this Bloggers Choice Award was finally the spark that the community needed.  My initial thought was to only do a Blog of the Week and a couple of months ago, I decided to evolve it and just last week, launch it.  To my surprise, it was a hit.  So much so that media caught wind and soon enough I'm doing interviews.  One with The Telegram (which was published in the Monday January 11th, 2010 edition) and then two with CBC radio.  Ridiculous!  How does this stuff happen?  One day you're just sitting there wasting time cropping images to fit 2 in a row side by side down the post and the next day you're on CBC radio?  It's very strange, you have to admit.

There's a podcast of the interview I did with Angela Antle for the Weekend Arts Magazine if you're interested in listening, but please don't poke fun.  :)

I fully and totally and completely appreciate the folks at CBC Radio and The Telegram.  The recognition the blog contest and blog itself has received has been overwhelming.  I fully believe that the bloggers in Newfoundland and Labrador deserve this promotion of what they do.  I'm very thankful that they're getting this incredible attention boost and I'm sure all my fellow Bloggers are equally great-full.

Speaking of which, I'm going to go surf the beautiful blogs of Newfoundland and Labrador and enjoy the greatness that they all contain!  Come join me.


Technorati:
, , , ,

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template