Headlines News :
Home » , , » The World of Stephen King Comics

The World of Stephen King Comics

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Monday, January 25, 2010 | 1/25/2010 07:50:00 pm

Share this article :
To be clear, I'm not going to fill this post full of info on some comedy tour featuring a bunch of funny folk joking about the 'King of Horror'... Or worse, doing impressions of him.  The world of comics I'm refering to in the title is of the reading variety.  The art to the left may have gave that away, I don't know...

It's actually been quite a while since I dove into the comic lore and I probably wouldn't have even thought if it hadn't of been for a pal of mine.  It's funny how simple things happen simply sometimes; he merely happened to mention that he was going to a nearby comic shop one day and I happened to tag along.  And now, I happen to have something to talk about here.

Happenstance. 

It appears that in my absence from Comic-dom, Stephen King with the help of Marvel has been very busy producing some very lovely looking editions.  I did know about the original editions of the Dark Tower material but I had no idea so many more mini's were released.  While browsing the shop, I had 3 different sets of random King related titles, plus a one shot... and this was all before I realized 'The Stand' existed.  Yes, that's right, there are several comics of that beautiful book as well. 

Before long, I had a stack full of comics and funny enough, none of which I bought in the end.  In the end I thought to myself that having the full collections in hard cover form would be better addtions to my King book collection than several comics. Plus, I shouldn't waste the money... and you know what?  I don't really feel like supporting Marvel in any way now that they sold their souls to Disney...

I'll save that rant for another day.  In the meantime, I do want to know more about all these King comics... so off I go to the wonderful world of Google.

Technorati
, ,

2 comments:

Frye said...

I was sad to have discovered the SK comics too. I had a gift card so picked up the first hardcover collection of the DT. Thankfully for me, I couldn't get into as much as I thought I would.

Which is very good of course, because I shouldn't spend the money either, even though my SK collection is very quickly starting to lack with every comic release.

They really know how to get us, don't they?

Stephen Eli Harris said...

I hear ya. I too feel them calling out to me. And yes, they certainly do get us every single time.

Buggers. Dirty buggers.

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template