Headlines News :
Home » » Go Vote!

Go Vote!

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Friday, April 29, 2011 | 4/29/2011 06:50:00 pm

Share this article :
Seriously, do I really have to say this right now? I shouldn't... but I do feel the need to remind everyone who happens to cross paths with this little ol' blog of mine that there is a Canadian Federal Election happening on May 2nd. You may have been distracted by a Royal Wedding or something, I don't know, but either way I felt the need to remind: Go vote.

It's been quite an interesting journey this past month. It probably has been the most exciting election to follow that I can remember... and that says something considering my participation level during the 2006 election. Regardless, there has been so many different elements about this election then normal; the rise of social media, the vote mobs, the NDP surge out of nowhere. All these new changes to me are beautiful, highlighted most of all by the apparent high level of citizen engagement this time around. Sure, I'm looking at things within a social media mindset mostly but, from my general day to day dealings with random citizens as well, there seems to be an overall election vibe, and I like it. Advanced poll numbers are way up this election as well, so if that doesn't tell you something, nothing will...

So yeah, go enjoy your weekend but remember to keep it in the back of you head, that on Monday, it's time to vote. Get out there!

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template