Headlines News :
Home » , , » Not Feeling It

Not Feeling It

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Friday, September 23, 2011 | 9/23/2011 06:46:00 pm

Share this article :
As most of Newfoundland and Labrador knows, the Provincial election is coming up in October. All candidates have already hit their respective campaign trails looking for support, and the local media is on fire with coverage... but I'm personally not feeling it.

I'm very much a local person and lover of my home. I do pay close attention to the issues in our Province. My deep desire to forever keep our unique identity keeps me engaged in all things nearby. I'm just having a hard time right now focusing on the smaller picture.

With an economic crises unfolding and a true possibility of the collapse of monetary systems around the world lurking, I can't really think about Muskrat Falls, ya know? With the cover-up of huge events such as 9/11 continuing to this day, I can't really focus on what Danny did or did not do as Premier. With protests, riots, uprisings and revolutions happening all around the world, I'm not really interested in two political leaders happening to run into each other on the campaign trail. Maybe it's just me, but I'm just not into it. Not at all. It's not like me, but it's reality. My interest is not sustained by the local debates, as it's the same push button politics we always hear. It goes beyond that though, I think. Push button politics exist on the grandest of scales too. It's just that right now, the grandest of scales are very unstable, and that's where my focus is... for now anyway.

And for the record, I'm not saying that I'm not going to vote. That's just crazy talk. I'm just saying that these folks I'm voting on are going to have to do quite a bit to get my attention right now, that's all. I'm just not feeling it.

0 comments:

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template