To recap Saturday's game, the first thing I need to mention is that LA scored 4 unanswered goals in a massive comeback effort to win the 12th annual Frozen Fury action in Las Vegas vs the Aves. The comeback was spearheaded by Wayne Simmonds who not only scored a goal and added an assist, but also partook in a scrum which essentially sparked the comeback. Simmonds, with this Gordie Howe hat trick, has absolutely solidified a position on this years roster especially considering he has finished the pre-season as one of the top 3 goal scorers in the entire NHL. Tied with him is Anze Kopitar who also finished with 5 goals, one of which being a beautiful penalty shot goal in the game on Saturday.
As for Sunday, the Kings couldn't find a win on this day, loosing to their biggest rivals by a score of 5 to 4. Not all losses are bad though. Newcomer Ryan Smyth continued to show his value by getting 4 points; 2 goals and 2 assists. Add that to Kopi's 3 points in the same game and Kings fans should be very excited about the top line and what is possible from them in this coming season.I should also mention at this point (because I will be following him closely this season) that Teddy Purcell got an assist on Sunday as well, giving him 2 goals and 3 assists in 6 games of pre-season action. Not bad a bad start to (what I think will be) his breakout season. If his 2nd line continues to click, like the top line and the 3rd line have been, this should indeed be a very exciting season for we fans.
I can't wait until Oct 3rd!
Technorati






























No comments:
Post a Comment