Headlines News :
Home » » Trafficking

Trafficking

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Saturday, November 22, 2008 | 11/22/2008 11:47:00 am

Share this article :

Everyone knows that getting people to visit your blog is key to getting people to read your blog which is key to getting people to keep reading your blog. Yes, of course one needs a blog with unique content, good writing and some visuals to make that last feat happen, but without the first element in that series, you will achieve nothing. Unless of course, you want to have no readers.

I've been blogging for several years now and throughout that time I've seen a lot of programs to help drive traffic to your site come and go. And I mean that in two ways; both me letting go of them and also them just closing down. As we all know, the internet market is an ever evolving thing.

My favorite traffic generators in history have been the manual surf programs, but I'm quite fond of the Blog specific ones. Sites like BlogExplosion or BlogMad are among my tops, not that there are a lot to choose from any more. The only other two that I'm still a member of is BlogAdvance and BlogSoldiers (both of which do not deliver that much traffic no matter how much I serve. I assume the membership is inactive. In actual fact, BlogMad is the same in that regard; very little return traffic. It's kinda sad really. BlogMad once was my favorite of them all, but now that favortism belongs to BlogExplosion. Their membership is somewhat more active than BlogMad world. It is no where near what the BlogExplosion community used to be, but I guess it was always a larger collective and it may be just taking a little longer for their climb down the interest latter to unfold. I'm in for the long haul though. I love the program, the blogs that I surf to and the traffic I recieve in return. I would not was a second recommending BlogExplosion to anyone.

You should know that, if you're interested in more traffic there are other types of these surf exchange programs out there; ones like EasyHits4u, TrafficG, or TrafficEchoes. I'm use them myself, but I'm not as fond of the above mentioned blog specific ones. Most of the sites found in these surfs are just ads for other programs and money making schemes. They do return traffic however and I as I mentioned at the start of this whole thing; that is key.

And then, there's EntreCard; A whole new twist on generating blog traffic... but I'll save that for another. The site and idea is so incredible that it deserves it's own post anyway. So that's what I'll do.

Technorati Tags:
, ,

9 comments:

Evan Johnson said...

Great post on the ever important blog traffic.

You're right, most of my traffic comes from BE as well.

One thing that really works well is leaving comments, I've had very high levels of traffic from just posting a few comments on really popular blogs.

But just like anything else you get out what you put in, if you leave poor comments you won't see any visits.

I would recommend you check out LinkReferral, there's a link to it on my blog ;-)

¤ LinkReferral gives you large amounts of traffic and quality reviews too.

They have some great quality control measures in place over there and the traffic is really targeted due to the style of surfing.

Check it out, let me know what you think.

- Evan

Emm said...

Hiya, just thought I'd let you know that I can't read the first paragraph of your post because there is a Blog Explosion banner over it with no visible means of getting rid of it.

Everybody Geek said...

Nice post about traffic programs.
Every blogger is trying get as much traffic to his blog. And BlogExplosion sure helps. I'm only concerned about traffic quality. Cause above all, you need returning visitors... your blog base. People surfing your blog for credits are useless. Going to take a look at Entrecard now.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thanks for your comments Evan and you're right, comments do help a tonne. I tend to post comments on a lot of the blogs that I surf to in the BE system or EntreCard for that matter.

I'll check out LinkReferral though... thanks!

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Thanks for the heads up Emm. I think I fixed it now.

Emm said...

Yup - it is fixed now!

Gem said...

And don't forget, SEO is the biggest traffic generator so far.

I've tried LinkReferral but contrary to what the first guy mentioned here, it just gives me a hundred visitors each month.

I've often seen StumbleUpon members get massive traffic - Alexa below 100k when they are active with it. You might want to give that a try.

selcom60 said...

Blogmad just announced that they're closing down on Dec 12th. Not much of a traffic generator though anyway.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

Sad to hear about BlogMad, but I totally expected that was coming. There was just something not right about the place for a while now.

Gem, you're right, SEO is definitely a main way to get your traffic and should be looked into by any blogger or website owner.

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template