Headlines News :
Home » , » Pearl Jam to Officially be a 'Rock Band'

Pearl Jam to Officially be a 'Rock Band'

Written By Stephen Eli Harris on Thursday, May 14, 2009 | 5/14/2009 05:56:00 pm

Share this article :
I'm not much of a gamer; haven't been for quite some time now. Yes, I sporadically play a game of NHL hockey with my pals or spark up the ol' Super Nintendo now and again, but I generally don't do the console gaming thing. I specify console because I do tend to get lost in games like Civilization IV on the computer from time to time.

Anyway, this past Christmas , my nephew was surprised when he woke up to Santa having brought him a Rock Band game for his fancy console that I can't even remember the name of now; PS3, Xbox, Dreamcast, xcast, Dreambox, Px4? I dunno. I probably should remember it though. I ended up playing the new game enough. It was a household hit in fact and anyone who has participated in a game of Rock Band can understand why. That shiznit is crazy fun! I got hooked on the drums myself and my nefew took control of the guitar as we proceeded to tour the world. So much fun. So So much fun. Oh the memories...

What brings that to mind is the fact that a Rock Bang game will be released in 2010 that is devoted to Pearl Jam. What is even more fantastic is that the creators of the game and Pearl Jam want the fans help in chosing which songs to use:

Pearl Jam Live Rock Band Compilation Coming Next Year

We need your help! Ten Club, Rock Band and Rhapsody want you to help us select the best performances of these Live Pearl Jam songs.
Your expertise will help us determine which of these versions is worthy of being on the setlist of this Live Pearl Jam game. Just click on the songs you like and open up the Rhapsody playlist widget for that particular song. Once you have the widget open, listen to the version you think is the best. The versions that are played the most times will be deemed the best versions and will then be in consideration to make the final “set list” for the game.
Go to the Pearl Jam website to find out more.

It looks like I'm gonna have to finally upgrade that ol' Super Nintendo of mine. This new game could very well be the straw that broke 'the old gamer in me's back. How could I not want to drum the world with Pearl Jam. Better yet, in a way, AS them.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy....

,

2 comments:

tobiano said...

You should try out the Metallica version, extremely awesome.

Stephen Eli Harris said...

I have no doubt that it is. Perhaps that'll be the 2nd one I buy should I ever decide to get the system.

Follow by Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2005-2013. Understanding Eli - All Rights Reserved
Template Design by Creating Website Published by Mas Template